Friday, October 3, 2008

"Going Green" the Chemical Free Nursery!

I remember what my mother said to me when I was nesting right before Garnet was born 5 1/2 months ago." A breast and a drawer thats all baby's need when they come into this world." I was mortified, shocked! I guess thats all she did for me stick me in a drawer and pull out her boob.
But my mom has a point. Those matching bumper pads and hand-embroidered Roman blinds and teddy bears all in a row are not really that important. When you consider all the chemicals coming off of the bumper pads, new paint, carpet and plastic toys from china. Lead, (VOCs) and polyurethane foam, BFR chemicals you start to really wonder is this why we have a higher rate of Cancer?
But, there are alternatives now! Green alternatives, healthy alternatives! IKEA does not use fire retardants in any of their mattresses or furniture, organic cotton supplies for cribs are available at www.sagecreeknaturals.com and www.grassrootsstore.com. Also, Willow Natural Home is a B.C. company that stocks every possible option for natural nursery gear. Check out www.willownaturalhome.com.
Diapers what a horrible invention, they do not breakdown in a landfill and they are immersed with cancer causing chemicals. Yuk!
There is an alternative!!!!!!!! G Diapers you can order them online or buy them at London Drugs, Mothering Touch in Victoria B.C. Here is the website http://www.gdiapers.com/
You will love them!

  • no elemental chlorine
  • no perfumes
  • no plastic layer
  • no inks or dyes
  • no latex
  • no garbage, no guilt
Garnet just woke up, so I have to go now but I will talk to you soon. Have a great day and have fun being "GREEN" :) Jenn and Garnet

No comments: