Monday, July 13, 2009

"The Raven" by Kristin Grant


I met the creative, beautiful Kristin Grant when she booked in for a hair cut with me! We immediately started to talk about being sustainable, Cob houses, art, and of course hair!
I fell in love with her art, all the different mediums and her use of color is extraordinary. The piece that really spoke to me is "the Raven" I felt like I was looking at myself, now the beautiful painting with tea bags, wire and chocolate foil wrappers is in the Hair Garden. The energy from this beautiful piece of art is so bright, each time I walk by the salon I am smiling ear to ear! It's the finale touch I needed. The Hair Garden is complete.

Kristin's current works are inspired by the many layers of music, nature and love: rhythm, pattern, flowing baselines and various forms of energy. Together, they showcase a collection of materials, found objects and techniques including pen drawing, acrylic painting and collage. These pieces demonstrate her interest and exploration of bringing together many pieces to form a fantastic and unique whole.

Her training includes 5 years of part-time classes at Vancouver Island School of Art in Victoria, coupled with a deep passion to explore and refine her styles, mediums and expressions.

Kristin's current & future endeavors:

* Artistic Direction of Earthdance Victoria 2009
* Sunset Room Mural Project 2009
* studying cob & earth building techniques
* leading art classes for children and teens
* creating innovative, eco-friendly designs

"To interpret the life rhythms of love is to find infinity through art meditation"

No comments: