Friday, September 12, 2008

GREEN IS THE NEW BLACK

So what does it mean to be an environmentalist now, if it's not just for science types and hippies anymore?
Well I care for the planet, our health, and the future of our world! I would like my son to enjoy a world free from allergies, cancers and pollution.
Four years ago I became very sick, I was working in a salon full time as a senior colorist and developed psoriasis. I had red scales up both arms, on my face, chest, back and legs. The scales burned, itched and I felt ugly. The doctor recommended that I go on sick leave for a week, so I did. The psoriasis started to clear up. I felt great! I went back to work, and symptoms returned. I realized that I was allergic to either the shampoos or the color. I left the salon and started working as a Hair Instructor, I noticed that when I was around the color I was finding that my nose would itch, my eyes would burn and I would find the occasional psoriasis. I was an instructor for a year. Now I am allergy free and working full time as a Hairstylist and salon owner of an Eco-friendly salon! Yeah!

No comments: